A Message to Our Charity Partners
02 April 2020
This year, COVID-19 and natural disasters have placed many organisations in the charity sector under additional funding pressure; at a time when the most vulnerable members of our communities are in need of extra support.
St.George Foundation exists to serve our communities through you, our partners. We support your purpose of improving the lives of children who are experiencing disadvantage.
It is now more important than ever that we stand by you and help during the toughest of times.
We understand that organisations need to adapt and respond to the increased community needs and ever-changing environment. We are committed to helping you and we’re doing this by:
1. Increasing our support to make more funding available.
- We are increasing the funds available in our next community grant round to $1,000,000 so that charities can share in a greater funding pool.
- We introduced a Bushfire Assistance Grant of up to $500,000 (total funding) earlier this year to support organisations working on the long term recovery of bushfire affected communities.
- We are providing emergency payments of up to $5000 for approved charities who are experiencing immediate funding pressures as a result of COVID-19.
2. Listening to your needs and being flexible with current projects.
- We understand that your organisation’s priorities may have changed since you applied for funding. We have put in place a simple process to allow our current charity partners and applicants to contact us if you need to request:
- changes to your projects; or
- to reallocate our approved funding within your organisation to ensure the areas of greatest need are met.
3. Extending project timelines, including acquittals.
- We invite our current charity partners to contact us to request:
- extended project timelines of up to 12 months to support our charity partners who have had to suspend or cancel activities as a result of COVID-19.
- extended acquittal and reporting dates by up to 12 months for affected charities to minimise the administrative burden, so you can focus your efforts on your emergency response and helping your communities.
Please do not hesitate to share your needs with us so that together, we can find a way forward. Our goal is to ensure we are truly partnering with you to achieve the best social outcomes for children.
Your vital work means that many children will experience brighter lives as a result of your efforts. Thank you for all your hard work.
Please stay safe and help each other through these challenging times.
Chief Executive Officer