Inspire Grant Guidelines
The Inspire Grant is a grant of up to $600,000 over three years offered to one children’s charity each year. The purpose of this grant is to support national, innovative programs that provide alternative pathways to or opportunities for education.
About the Inspire Grant
This newly introduced funding opportunity is a large, multi-year grant of up to $200,000 per year to a total of up to $600,000 per organisation over three years. The grant is awarded to one eligible Australian children’s charity each year for the purpose of providing innovative interventions that will change the course of a child’s life and inspire their future prosperity. The grants are embedded with milestones and outcome reporting that align with St.George Foundation’s priorities. This grant is a new program that has been developed to further St.George Foundation’s core purpose of supporting small charities to make a significant impact on the lives of disadvantaged Australian children.
St.George Foundation Inspire Grant Guidelines
Projects funded should
- Provide innovative opportunities for children experiencing disadvantage in Australia to reach their full potential.
- Be national in scope, either immediately or with the potential for future national scaling.
- Provide impact reporting and measurement of agreed outcomes.
Our funding priorities
- Innovative or pilot projects providing:
- Alternative pathways to or opportunities for education.
- Other projects at the Governors’ discretion that provide significant positive impact on the future potential of Australian children.
- Projects with demonstrated positive impact on women and girls will be considered favourably by the Board of Governors.
- Projects with a particular focus on providing interventions for children at the age of 12 years will be considered favourably by the Board of Governors.
Applicants please note: before completing an expression of interest, you should have read the general information about the Inspire Grants above and the eligibility criteria below. Incomplete expressions of interest and / or projects that do not meet the edibility criteria will not be considered.
- Focus their efforts on children in Australia under the age of 18 years.
- Be endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a deductible gift recipient under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936.
- Provide current, signed, audited financial statements (from the last 2 years).
What we won’t fund
- Projects outside Australia.
- Auspiced applications.
- Sponsorship or fundraising appeals.
- Parenting programs/ Programs for adults.